Thursday, May 2, 2013

Motivated and Dedicated

Ever since I began my personal weight loss journey in January of 2013, and have been getting great results, I am constantly asked, what I'm doing, what I eat, and most importantly, how I stay motivated.

Now I'll give you a brief run down of my progress.
January 1, 2013 - Began.
February 22, 2013 - 20lbs lost
March 27, 2013 - 30lbs lost
April 26, 2013 - 36lbs lost
May 1, 2013 - total of 38lbs lost since start day.





November 2012 ------------------ April 2013


Slow and steady, always losing never gaining.

Now as for motivation.

I weigh my self every morning, mainly to remind myself how far I have already come and that I am capable of going as far as I choose. I celebrate every single ounce or pound I lose because that shows progress. I never let only losing 2 ounces hinder my attitude, I take it in stride.

I keep the lock screen on my Iphone as a picture or a motivational quote, so every time I check my phone or it goes off, thats the first thing I see. 

I post every last bit of my journey to Facebook and I'm lucky enough to have a great support line of friends and family who comment or like my pictures or statuses and that support and encouragement feels AMAZZZING!

I treat myself, every time I meat a mini goal, I go buy new tights or head bands or even go out for frozen yogurt! I like it cause I feel I earned a new whatever by hard work.

I push myself to workout no matter how bad I feel, no matter how small the workout it is, I tell myself that its better than nothing and I will feel better knowing I did it vs regret not doing it.

I take pictures and compare them side by side to old pictures to show myself my progress and that I am perfectly capable of achieving my goal.

I try on old clothes, and there is no better feeling then when pants or a shirt are so loose they are just hanging off you and you are swimming in the fabric. Take a picture too, remind your self of that feeling.

I keep pictures of workouts on my phone to do when I'm at a standstill at work or out of town for in my down time.

I walk the dog instead of just chaining her outside.

I enter any biggest loser or whatever contests my gym or groups are holding, I love me some competition!

I talk openly about my journey and what I'm doing.

I feel accountable now, after always posting to facebook, I now have quite a few people who have told me that I inspire them and well I can't let them down and most importantly I can't let myself down!!

I want to help anyone who asks me to, Im more then happy to share my knowledge or what I'm doing to anyone who asks, and i will support and encourage you in any way possible.

I stare at myself in the mirror every morning and tell myself one thing that I like about my changing body.

Hold yourself accountable for your progress, no matter what the time is going to pass anyways so why not do something to better yourself daily! You have the power to change your thoughts, think positive and happy and you will feel better about anything!

If you would like support, encouragement or help getting started on your journey, feel free to message me or email me and I will help you in any way I possibly can!!!

Good luck!

- J

No comments:

Post a Comment