Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Keep your Hair, Thoughts and Standards HIGH

Hey everyone!
I apologize for being a little bit slack-y lately with the posting.
But I'm gonna make up for it, I swear!

The blog title, I'm sure you've heard the saying, "keep your head, heels and standards high'', well I'm altering it a bit to fit me and what this post is about better.

Hair.
I love some big hair ya'll.
I'm a hairstylist for pete's sake.

Whose pete anyway??

It was Saturday evening and I used the last drop of my dry shampoo. *tears* The salon supply store wouldn't be open again til Tuesday and hell would have to freeze over before I went that long with out my hair products. So off to Wally World I went. I fingered through all the dry shampoos I found comparing ingredients and blah blah blah, finally settling on Tresemme FreshStart Volumizing Dry Shampoo.


 I love it.

I use dry shampoo for the days I don't wash my hair. No I don't wash my hair daily. Its bad for your hair.
A little hair lesson for you: When you wash your hair everyday your stripping the strands of your bodys natural nutrient oils so your body thinks that it isn't making enough and then it begins over producing. Thus greasy hair. Your hair is less greasy the less you wash it, because your body realizes its making plenty if not to much oil to support your amount of hair.
I wash it either every other day or every two days. But since I work out I get sweaty hair too, which is not attractive. Ha. So I use the dry shampoo to absorb sweat and excess oil in between washes. I also use it to help keep my teasing addiction in line. Teasing can break the hair and I try to be kind and rewind every now and then. Dry shampoo is GREAT for adding volume.


   

Here is day 3 three hair, after multiple workouts also. No grease, no oil, nothing. I just spray the dry shampoo in like the bottle says, small sections of hair, short bursts and massage in with fingers and VOLIA! 

Ima all for big hair even when working out. All volume was achieved with no teasing, back combing or anything. Just dry shampoo!


Do you rock multi day hair??

Speaking of hair, In my June BirchBox I got a product called Miss Jessie's Pillow soft curl lotion. I have naturally curly hair. I promised to try it and give a verdict.

Tis be some goooooood stuff! It left my curls soft but not frizzy and it freaking smells like fresh laundry!!!!
If you have curly locks or even if you just like to scrunch your hair, give this a go, it will give you non crunchy beach waves!!

As for thoughts and standards, you should always try your hardest to keep them positive and high.

When I began my lifestyle changes at the beginning of the year and changed my diet and exercise routines, I also vowed to try to become a better person. 
As cliche as that sounds its true.
I just try to have more positive thoughts, more positive things to say and look for the good in everyone and every situation. Its hard sometimes and yeah sometimes I can be bitchy, but I'm human. Its only natural. The important thing is I try. 
Also I just feel happier more of the time thanks to working out being my vice and I like to spread the cheer, to be a day maker, some one who can brighten someone else day.

Working out releases endorphins, endorphins make you happy, happy people just don't shoot their husbands!

I encourage everyone out their as your doing your summer squat challenge, bikini boot camp, xx day cleanse and so on to try and challenge your self to more and better thoughts. Share a smile, pay good fortune forward, lend a hand. You can alter your mood and someone else's in a matter of seconds. Who doesn't love being in a good mood???

Go forth and be a day maker!

Have a great one!!

-J
































No comments:

Post a Comment