Sunday, June 2, 2013

Look Twice, Save A Life

First off I apologize for being MIA the last weeks. Its been just crazy for me and I have been behind on everything. But thats a thing of the past, I'm back to the norm and promise to be on here more!!

So the real reason of this post stems from some not so good circumstances. Friday morning an amazing lady from my hometown and my church lost her life due to the cold hearted nature of another person. She was an avid bike rider and was participating in a sanctioned ride here in Kansas and 15 minutes after leaving the start a man driving a van hit her from behind at full speed causing her to wreck into the ditch, he literally knocked her out of her shoes. The bicycle was ripped in half from impact, the back tire found far from her and the bike landing on top of her. It was a horrible accident, to make things worse the man who hit her, DROVE AWAY! He didn't call 911 or even check on her, he left her for dead. A while later a passerby stopped and found her, and when his phone failed to make a 911 call, he tried flagging down other vehicles and even worse, no one would stop, several cars later some one finally stopped. She was taken to the local hospital where she was pronounced dead shortly after arrival.

The outcome of her situation could have been completely different. If only the driver would have stopped, even if the cars that were being flagged down would of stopped, who knows how many precious moments were wasted because no one wanted to stop and help. This wonderful lady leaves behind two teenage daughters, a husband and countless friends and family members. 

My message here today is that if everyone could pay a little more attention while they are out and about during the warmer months, accidents can be avoided. More bikers, walkers, runners, people in general are out due to summer being upon us. Also I encourage everyone to help people in need. I know sometimes I get caught up in myself and my life that I forget that there are those out there whose life is worse than mine. I try my hardest to help others out when I can, but I know I can do a better job. And after countless hours spent thinking about how precious life is and just contemplating in general this weekend I know I'm going to do my best to appreciate the little things and not be as self centered.

May God bless the family that is hurting for their loss and may the man who did this find his soul and become remorseful and let him not go a day with out a reminder of the precious life he cut short and the family that will have to cope with this for the rest of their lives.

Be careful this summer everyone!!!

God Bless Ya'll!

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment