Friday, August 16, 2013

Advocare 10 Day Cleanse Results & Recipes

If ya'll remember on Wednesday I promised to put up my final results from the cleanse today, for those of you who didn't catch that post, well, I did the Advocare 10 day cleanse, and I had some awesome results.

To learn more details about the cleanse Go HERE.

Basically the cleanse is supplements you take for 10 days while enjoying a diet of fresh fruits veggies and lean proteins. No sugar, dairy or grains. Well you can have those things, they just suggest that you limit your intake of them or use whole grains. I thought that if I'm going to spend $30 on something like this than why would I not do it to the best of my abilities? And thats exactly what I did. I followed the "rules" to a 'T'.

What did you hope to get out of the cleanse?

I hoped to 'reset' my body and mind. I was in a rut where all the healthy foods that I had come to love just weren't sounding as good any more and I was craving processed bullshit like no other. I just wanted a twix, a slice of pizza, a root beer float and giant bowl of peanut butter m&m's. I don't know why all these cravings came back so strong. But they did and along with that I was having trouble sleeping at night, and the scale wasn't budging nor where the inches. 

With all these plateaus building up like a wall, I knew I had two choices, either hit the wall and be stuck or give it all I got and burst through.
 
Thus came "Give It Your All August" to read about that go HERE. I'm determined to make that wall a pile of dust and start out the last third of the year out stronger than the beginning. 

And the Results are in:

8-5-13

Weight - 165.4
                                  Stomach - 36''                                 
Waist - 31''
L Thigh - 24 1/2''
R Thigh - 23 1/2''
L Arm - 11 1/2''   
R Arm - 12''


8-15-13

W- 162.0 (-3.4)
S - 33'' (-3'')
W - 29 1/2'' (1 1/2")
L T - 23 1/2'' (-1'')
R T - 22 1/2'' (-1")
L A - 11 1/4'' (- 1/4")
R A - 11 1/2'' (-1/2")



Not a crazy amount but I'll take 3.4 pounds gone in 10 days any time. Overall though I got out of this exactly what I wanted. I'm craving fresh fruit like CRAZY, I dream about the taste of fresh fruit. I am having the best sleep of my LIFE! I'm falling asleep with in minutes of laying down and I sleep deeply until my alarm goes off and then I'm able to pop right out of bed and start my day. It has been glorious. I'm enjoying the amount of energy I have now.

I'm still enjoying a Spark! Energy drink by Advocare daily. The energy is great and no crash afterwards.
On Saturday I'm starting the MNS MAX 3  by Adcocare and I couldn't be more excited, with the results from the Cleanse, I can only hope to see as good of results from the next 14 days as I have the last 10.



As promised here are some great recipes I enjoyed while on the cleanse.

Stuffed Breakfast Pepper

Cut the top off of a bell pepper than pull out the seeds and insides, boil the pepper in water until it is tender. Scramble 3 egg whites, onions, black beans, corn and cherry tomatoes over medium heat, adding in half a turkey sausage patty until all ingredients are cooked, remove from heat. Stuff the pepper with the breakfast mix and enjoy!

Southwest Veggie and Egg White Casserole 

1 boiled sweet potato chopped, 1/2 cup black beans, 1/4 cup corn, chopped onion, chopped orange pepper, chopped cherry tomatoes, put in a baking dish and pour in three eggs or the equivalent in egg whites and bake at 400 for 30 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked!

Stuffed Jalapenos

Halve a jalapeno and remove the seeds. Blend tomatoes, black beans, avocado, onion, and chicken breast until lightly blended. Stuff inside each half of jalapeno and bake at 350 for 10 minutes. I enjoyed mine on a bed of lettuce with fresh salsa. 

Hawaiian Stir Fry

In a skillet of medium heat combine jalapenos, onions and pineapple when they are lightly brown throw in raw chicken breast and cook until chicken is done. Sweet and Spicy!

Clean and Lean Turkey Chili

Go HERE

Overnight Oats (multiple variations)

In a mason jar combine 3/4 cup old fashioned oats with either : 

 a tablespoon of honey, one chopped banana, a sprinkle of cinnamon and a handful of sliced almonds.

one chopped banana, a handful of blueberries, a sprinkle of cinnamon.

one chopped green apple, sprinkle of cinnamon, a chopped banana and 1/2 tablespoon of honey.

one sliced kiwi, a handful of blueberries and a handful of sliced almonds.

After all ingredients are added, secure lid, shake jar and leave in fridge overnight. In the morning shake well and then enjoy!

"Fried" Banana's

On a tinfoil lined baking sheet cut (1-2)banana's in half length wise, place on baking sheet, drizzle with honey and a handful of sliced almonds sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes flipping the banana's half way through. EIther enjoy right away or put in the fridge for later.

I also enjoyed bell peppers with hummus. I ate a lot of green apples, banana's and cuties oranges.

I plan only slowly re-introducing everything I haven't eaten slowly so not to shock my system.

Yesterday for supper I had a tortilla with a babybell low fat cheese wedge spread on it with grilled chicken and handful of cherry tomatoes, chopped onion and one chopped orange pepper. It was delicious. I missed CHEESE!! Today I'm going to have my all time favorite meal, a Veggie delight Subway sandwich on wheat bread. I'm drooling as I type this.

Any questions, comments or thoughts about the products I used or recipes, just ask!

Have a great day!

-J


 


4 comments:

  1. awesome recipes and results!! I'm doing my 2nd 10 day cleanse next week so this was PERFECT timing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What liquid and how much do you use for your overnight oats? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What liquid and how much do you use for your overnight oats? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just doing the 10 day- totally using this for the recipes! Great info-thanks!

    ReplyDelete