Wednesday, January 15, 2014

ASSumptions...

Huuuumpppp daaaaaaay!!!



The middle of the week is here, yay!! I'm super excited because I have Thursday thru Sunday off!! Yay for PTO time, I have quite a bit accumulated so I need to start using it up and so the hubby and I have Friday - Sunday off together. Kinda like a mini vacation, so I'm super excited!!!

But enough about that, let's get down to the nitty gritty, assumptions, they can be a bad bad thing.

I get really annoyed with stereotypes and people who assume a lot.



Common ones: 

Assumption : because I've lost weight, I must eat like a rabbit. False- maybe if that rabbits likes to eat like a beast and is a super freak.

Assumption : because I workout, I have no life or free time. Wrong again, I have time each night, to tend to my blog, go to the gym, do housework, surf the internet, play games on my iPad and watch tv with the hubs!

Stereotype : New Years resolutioners at the gym won't last. True and false, they can last if your not a friggen jerk and treat them like they belong there. Because they do just like you do.

For those of you who don't know, I started my journey with a New Years resolution, so it is possible to stick them out. No I didn't join a gym til 11 months later, but when I'm at the gym I'm courteous and make sure to smile at all the new goers, because they have just as much right to be here as I do. They are also part of the community of gym goers striving to better themselves.

People spend to much time putting others down instead of helping each other. If in years past somebody would have helped me when I made all those resolutions I would have probably stuck it out better. But nope people we're jerks. 

Everyone was a beginner once too so staaaaaaahpppp it.

Yeah yeah this was kinda like a rant, but I've seen and heard a lot of it lately.

Now let's end this a bit happier with a sweet and sweaty workout for today!!



Alternate 1 minute of inclined walking lunges on the treadmill with 3 minutes of jogging, for a total of 20 minutes (5 cycles)

3 sets of 10 declined sit ups

Squats for 30 seconds

3 sets of 25 Russian twists

3 sets of 10 push-ups 

Walk at a incline on the treadmill for 10 minutes

3 sets of 10 dumbbell curls

3 sets of 10 French curls

3 sets of 10 dumbbell rows

3 sets of 10 bench dips

This will be a nice burn all over!
 This can be done in the gym or at home, if you are at home and don't have a treadmill, walk outside if it's nice out! Adapt it to what you have available.

If you are new to the gym the just waltz up there like you own the place, do your thing and feel awesome, forget those cotton headed ninny muffins. They aren't worth the time or thought, all that matters is you yourself and you baby!!!! Knock out those resolutions this year, I know you can do it!!!!!


How happy are you for hump day!?

-J

1 comment:

  1. That's why I cancelled my gym membership! But I do workout at home now.

    ReplyDelete