Monday, March 31, 2014

Carb Cycling and Bikini Challenge {Week 1}

Happy Monday!

I can't believe tomorrow is already April 1st. This year is going by fast, or at least it seems that way to me. The hub and I went grocery shopping, went to dinner, watched a movie, and popped over to my parents this weekend, so the normal. Oh the weather, Sunday it was in the 70's and it was just beautiful! Maybe we can finally shake the winter blues away.

Sunday was also my weigh in/ progress pic's day. I had to take pictures to send to my trainer. I was so excited to see the little bit of progress I posted them on Instagram, but here they are for those that aren't on Instagram:



I've lost about 4 pounds according to the scale, but I'm going more for toning that actual weight loss, if that makes sense.

I've also been asked what my meal plans look like. Well my meal plan is designated by my trainer and she does it based on my macro's that work for my body, my weight, my goals and my activity and training levels. Currently I'm eating 1,721 calories a day. My program involves low fat, high protein. I have 59.6 cals of fat, 154.1 of carbs, 49.9 of fiber, 32.92 of sugar and 169.92 of proteins. Again this is for my body. If you want to find out your macros, a good starting point is If It Fits Your Macros.

I know this is the time when people are hitting plateaus. If you are, ITS OKAY! Everyone hits one if not more. Your body has just adjusted to it's routine and needs a refresh. Simple as that. The last one I hit, I introduced myself to Carb Cycling. Read about it HERE and HERE. I didn't have a lot of material on it, so I relied solely on what I found online. 


The author of this book recently contacted me after stumbling upon my posts on carb cycling, he provided me a copy of the book which I wish I would of had back when I was cycling! This book is basically an instruction manual. It breaks down lifestyles and the basics of carb cycling. It gives you grocery lists, meal plans, recipes and even has a journal that lets you keep track of your eating, your progress and thoughts along the way. I really just love the simplicity of this book. It doesn't over complicate it, it just breaks it down and shows you how.

You can get the book HERE.

The author was also kind enough to offer free copies to the first group of readers of mine that are interested in it! So if you can wait to read it, comment your email address and I can get you the info to get the copy. If you can't wait go to Amazon and snatch it up! And don't worry if you don't have a Kindle- theres an app for that.


I'm gearing up for week two of keeping it in check and being as dedicated as I can to make progress with my training program. 
How's your challenges coming? 
How was your weekend?

-J





37 comments:

  1. sounds like a great read, would love it. amelia7588@bellsouth.net

    Thanks-Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a copy! Jorgensen.tori@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would most definitely love a copy! ddittlinger@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love a copy!!!! cafeaulady@gmail.com
    I'm so interested!
    Jessica P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm interested as well... I need something different -- princess3733@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Britt52986@yahoo.com I would love a copy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome progress!! Would love a copy! Fleurtyandfit@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would be a good read for me, I've been carb cycling for 2 months now but don't have this book. Would love to have it, Julie.mccornack@me.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for this post! You look great!! I'm at a 4 week plateau and am starting to get discouraged. I'm definitely going to look into the carb cycling and macros. If you happen to have any copies left my email is alpics@bellsouth.net.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am definitely interested in learning more about carb cycling. My email is txagg2006@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love a copy as well- courtney.paz@gmail.com

    Thanks! You look great by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW... I've always been so confused about carbs (good and bad) and how to know what your body needs. A copy of this book would be awesome, if theres still some available. If not, I'll def check out the links oyu've left. (NickoleM123@gmail.com)
    You've been such an inspiration these past few months that I've been following and that I've been with your accountability group. And what you're doing for yourself (as well as others) is amazing! Keep up the awesome work, lady! You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've heard about carb cycling and it's something I'd really like to try. My email address is mliz951@gmail.com if there are still free copies of the ebook available. Love your blog btw!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Would love to read it, chrissybruckner@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're so brave to post the progress pictures- I would be terrified! haha. You're looking great one week end though- i can't wait to see the rest! I would love a copy of the book if there are still any available.

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love to read this, it sounds so helpful. sarahicken@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Would love a copy! melmanes@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. oooh, I have been trying to research online about this but there is so much out there not sure what to follow. Would love this!! Stephanie.feller@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. id love a copy! ive been interested in this for awhile! runthisweigh@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on your progress pics! I still haven't been able to do progress pictures because I'm self conscious, but I gotta be brave and do it tomorrow. Thanks for the motivation!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you all for your interest in the Carb Cycling Book. I just sent you each an email with a copy of the book.
    Jesse Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  23. Keep up the good work, Jess!
    I'd love a copy of the book, also. (krhodes8394@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great work!!!!!! Keep pushing I would love to check out the carb cycling book. Tishadoyle2007@gmail.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Keep up the hard work, you are doing such a great job! I would love to check out the carb cycling book! :) roselee0414@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'd love to learn more about it!! Lauren_zoe@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Kendra, Aubiegirl, Tisha, Nichole and Lauren,
    I just sent you a copy of the book. Thank you for your interest.
    Jesse Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  28. I don't think my comment went through the other day. I would love a copy! beth.mescher@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'd love a copy. Ambrfranklin4@aol. Com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello Beth and Amber, I just sent you each a copy of the book. Thank you for the interest
    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  31. I would love a copy! I've been curious about carb cycling, but not sure where to find solid accurate resources. Hope I'm not too late!
    m.smithhisler@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello Maria,
    I just sent you an email with a copy of the book attached.

    Enjoy,
    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  33. I would love a copy of this book. Have been researching carb cycling for the past week or so and I'm ready to do it!! Thank you!
    Kelly Hewitt, khewitt68@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hello Kelly,
    I just emailed you a copy of the book. Thank you for the interest.
    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  35. If you had a chance to read the book, please consider posting a review on Amazon. Here is a link: http://amzn.com/B00GPVKIN2
    Reviews really help improve the books placement in search results which helps sales. You don't have to buy the book to write a review.
    Thanks so much !
    Jesse

    ReplyDelete