Thursday, June 26, 2014

Resting Bitch Face and Squashbrowns


Have you ever had one of those days were you didn't get done anything you planned to but did everything you wanted?  Well that was my day yesterday. I had planned to do food prep all morning and blog in the afternoon with a new recipe I was experimenting with. But instead I found myself outside mowing and doing yardwork and going for a nice afternoon walk. When I came inside it was evening and thats when I began my food prep. 

I've been seeing lots of Squash recipes all over the place and been meaning to make something with the Squash from the gardens. I finally decided to combine a few different ones to get exactly what I wanted. I call these babies squashbrowns and they are super delicious and husband approved!



Squashbrowns

2 medium yellow squash, finely chopped or shredded
2 eggs
6 pearl red onions, chopped
1/2 cup + 2 TBSPS Whole Wheat Flour
Seasonings to taste

Mix squash, eggs and onions together till eggs are beaten. Add in flour little at a time, mixing with each add. Coat a skillet with spray butter, ghee, or anything that you like to cook in and heat to medium high heat. Drop in balls of mixture and then press with fork to make patty. Flip every few minutes until both sides are golden brown and enjoy! I got 14 patties out of this batch.



Whats your favorite ways to cook with squash?

So I'm very aware that I have what people call "resting bitch face". I can't help it. It's just how my face is. I'm very rarely ever upset but I get asked a lot "what's wrong".  Nothing! When I saw this on my facebook yesterday I read it and couldn't agree more..



Sorry I didn't get this post up yesterday, but enjoy you some squashbrowns!


I always hate asking for things, even minimal things but now I just have too. My aunt is in the hospital with kidney and liver failure. At this point in time there is really nothing anyone can do for her anymore. The family is considering hospice at this time. All I ask is that you send good thoughts or prayers in my families direction as we all prepare to deal with what lies ahead. No matter how old you get, these things never get easier.

Have a lovely day all!
-J






3 comments:

  1. OMG I have resting bitch face too! My wedding photographer tried to take some of those beautiful "serious" pictures during our engagement session, but then she was like, "Nope." Some girls look sexy and serious...nope, I look like I want to shank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have CBF (chronic bitch face) and its bad when I go to bars and the bouncers even come up to me making sure Im not ready to fight LOL

    Sending positive thoughts for your aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will definitely be saying prayers for your aunt. My face says 'I hate you' while inside i'm thinking 'i'm sleepy'. HAHA

    ReplyDelete